Provides functional support to the Drill Rig Operator so that projects meet the client’s specifications for quality and timeliness. May qualify for training and development towards the Drill Rig Operator position. Travel (including overnight) is typical, with transportation, lodging, and per diem expenses provided by the company.
- Preparation for project work includes vehicle and equipment logging, loading, refueling, washing, and light maintenance.
- Setup and breakdown of the drill rig and project equipment at project sites.
- Assist the drill rig operator with the project drilling process, such as drilling monitoring, process logging, sample management, and equipment oversight and relocation.
- Communicate constructively and timely with project team members and supervisors. To ensure that project requirements are met, and processes flow smoothly. Escalate issues that can’t be solved at the front line to the appropriate person timely.
- Represent company interests professionally with all outside parties at all times.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license with a clean driving record. A current CDL-A license is a plus.
- Must submit to and be successful in annual DOT physical/medical assessments.
- Ability to push, pull and/or lift up to 70 lbs. regularly
- Ability to push, pull and/or lift 80 pounds occasionally
- Ability to bend, squat and reach often
- Ability to stand for long periods throughout the day
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Adequate eyesight or adequately corrected eyesight to ensure safety and accuracy
- Adequate hearing to ensure safety and communication
- Adherence to all personal protective equipment requirements and safety rules